Saturday, March 12, 2016

How to Apply False Lashes

Many people ask about and compliment me on my eyelashes. Whenever I tell them they're fake, they tell me that they "look so real" and ask if I can show them how I apply them. Since it happens to be a popular question, I decided to put up a step-by-step tutorial on how to apply false lashes! People apply their lashes many different ways, but this is how I apply mine everyday! 

Step 1: Put Eye Makeup On (optional) and Gather Materials
You will need lashes, scissors, and glue. Your eyelashes should always be applied last. To keep them looking natural and clean apply them after everything else is applied so that makeup doesn’t fall onto them and you don’t accidentally move them while the glue is wet. You will need lashes, scissors, and glue. 




Step 2: Trim the Lashes
It is important that once you get your lashes,  you trim them to fit your eyelid length. Most eyelashes will come with a very long length.  In order to figure out how much to cut off place the eyelashes above your eye-line and see if they need trimming. Do this without the glue on it and make sure you always trim from the outside!






Step 3: Apply a Thin Layer of Glue to Lashes (thick at ends)
I recommend getting a glue that has a brush-like end of the stick. This will make applying the glue to the eyelashes much easier. Take the the glue and turn the brush so that its perpendicular to the lashes and do small strokes across the line that connects the eyelashes together. At the ends of the eyelashes you’ll want the glue applied to be slightly thicker. The ends tend to be where the lashes come off the most often. With the glue still perpendicular to the lashes, drag the rest of the glue downwards to get the most of it at the ends.

Step 4: Place the Lashes Above the Eye-line
I have found the most affective way to get the lashes on securely and without getting glue everywhere is to place the middle part first. Don’t push the middle down completely, rest them on top of your lashes then drag the outside end to the outer end of your eyelid and push that down. From there, start to push the lashes onto your eyelid until you’ve pushed the inner end down securely. Go back and push them down until you feel they’re secure and the glue is dry.

Step 5: Squeeze Lashes Together in Order to Blend
The most important part of wearing fake eyelashes is making them look natural. The best way to do this is by blending the fake eyelashes with your real eyelashes. Simply take your thumb and index finger and squeeze the lashes together. Continue to mess with them a bit until they appear natural. Another way to make them look natural is to blend them together with mascara. Personally, I use my eyelashes as a substitute for mascara, so I don’t do this, but it can be very affective when blending.
The Look with the Lashes On and Completely Done
Suggestions:
  • Put eyeliner on before putting on your lashes. By doing this they will look more natural.
  • Apply a thicker layer of glue at the ends of the eye to make it last longer


Recommended False Lashes:
  • Ardell 105
  • Ardell 33


What I Have Learned From Wearing False Lashes and Why I Wear Them:
  • When cared for properly, one pair of false lashes can last up to a week and a half!
  • Many people believe that wearing false lashes ruins your real ones. This is not true! If you place the false lashes ABOVE your eye-line and NOT ON your eye-line it should not damage your real lashes.
  • It's a quick and simple process! When I first started using false lashes it took me about 2 minutes to apply both of them, but now, after lots of practice, it only takes me about 30 seconds!
  • Using mascara was always difficult for me. It appeared clumpy sometimes and I never knew if they would look good or bad everyday. The false lashes, to me, are consistent and reliable. They look natural because my lashes aren't clumped together and I'm guaranteed to get the same look everyday! 





1 comment:

  1. Those look really good! I am lucky enough to have pretty long eyelashes, but I still sometimes like to try false lashes, but I can't seem to get them to look natural! Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete